Life-safety systems manufacturer C-TEC has announced a series of free, CPD-certified training events about ‘Fire Alarm Systems for Domestic Dwellings’.
Taking place at six locations across the UK, the events are aimed at anyone working in the domestic fire sector, such as consultants, specifiers, housing associations, installers, facilities managers, building developers and landlords.
The events, which will run between 9.45am-2.30pm, will cover:
- How domestic and commercial fire alarm systems have evolved over the years
- Legislation and standards that apply to such systems and their current impact
- Key points and changes to BS 5839-6 2019: The code of practice for design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of domestic fire alarm systems
- Whether ‘Stay Put‘ is still a safe policy to deploy for evacuating a building during a fire
- Outline a new approach to fire alarm systems for purpose-built flats and apartments to make viable strategies for making stay put/defend-in-place safer
In addition to refreshments and a buffet lunch, attendees who complete the course will receive a CPD certificate equivalent to three hours of CPD points.
“Our new CPD events are suitable for anyone interested in the latest developments in domestic fire detection and alarm technology and the recent changes to BS 5839-6,” said Andy Green, C-TEC’s marketing manager.
“Demand is expected to be high so we would advise anyone who is interested to register their interest quickly.”
All of C-TEC’s CPD (Continuing Professional Development) seminars have been deemed by independent experts as suitable for an ‘intermediate’ audience. This means novices and experienced participants can benefit too.
Reserve your free place (subject to availability).
Life Safety & Fire Protection: Download the eBook
Multiple high-profile fire tragedies have hit the headlines over the past two years, serving to highlight just how vital fire safety continues to be. This eBook outlines some of the critical conversations from FIREX, Europe’s only dedicated fire safety event, and what these developments mean for your fire safety strategy, including:
- Tall building fire safety management
- How tragedy has shaped UK fire safety laws
- How to choose the best fire detector equipment
- The science behind optical beam detection
- The biggest influencers in fire safety