SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Control4, a global provider of automation and networking systems for homes and businesses, announces the launch of Control4 Smart Home OS 3.
OS 3 is designed to unify hundreds of connected devices within the home, control them all from a single platform, deliver personalization and facilitate the professional support smart home technology needs, according to the company.
It is also said to offer more than a thousand new features and capabilities including fluid, refined and intuitive interfaces providing one-touch control for favorite devices and scenes, at-a-glance views for security and lighting, one-touch music and video streaming, and more, all in a singular platform across Control4 and third-party products.
“The Control4 Smart Home OS is designed to remove complexity,” says Control4 Senior Vice President of Products and Services Charlie Kindel. “Every home is a mix of products from a variety of companies, a Smart Home OS embraces this reality, providing broad choice rather than creating a collection of tiny walled gardens that limit homeowners.”
OS 3 brings support for more than 13,500 third-party devices and 7,500 Control4 SDDP-embedded products. Built as smart home infrastructure, OS 3 scales to the needs of a single-room entertainment experience to a whole-home automation system in a mansion.
“For more than 15 years Control4 has held steadfast in the belief that meeting the expectation of a true smart home requires professional installation,” says Control4 Chairman and CEO Martin Plaehn. “We have relentlessly built a network of trained professionals, and today Control4 has more than 200 Control4 Certified Showrooms where consumers can walk in and experience OS 3. Control4 has nearly 6,000 Authorized Dealers, OS 3 leverages the talent and skill of tens of thousands of smart home pros around the world to install, update and manage smart home technology for families.”
New Control4 Smart Home OS 3 features include:
- Favorites: OS 3 gives homeowners the ability to bring virtually everything in the home to the top of the room in the mobile app, touch screen and TV. Favorites provides one-touch control and, more importantly, homeowners can now see whether the home is secure or lights are on anywhere in the home without tapping.
- Assemble whole-home dashboards for at-a-glance views of the most vital devices from any room. In the master bedroom, Favorite the front door lock, garage doors, and security cameras to ensure the home is secure before going to bed.
- Easily see only the lights that are on, the blinds that are open, and the doors and security zones that are secure, a necessary capability required when you have many connected devices throughout the home.
- Homeowners can personalize their system and tailor it to their needs as they live and grow with it. Edit or create smart home scenes, set schedules to automate devices, and modify how devices interact.
- Advanced security system management — With unified lock management, lock users and PINs are now easily managed through OS 3 for all locks (with no need to create and edit users for each lock). Create a user, assign a PIN and a schedule, and apply the changes to all locks installed in the home.
- Dealer Tools: Dealers will enjoy enhancements that further simplify programming, reduce repetitive tasks and speed up deployment.
Click here to learn more about Control4 Smart Home OS 3.
The post Control4 Launches Smart Home OS 3 to Unify Connected Devices appeared first on Security Sales & Integration.