dormakaba has launched a new barrier system with soft ambient lighting options, “whisper quiet” operation and integration with fire alarm systems.
The Argus range, which is available in three models, is adaptable to any building or access requirements.
Office buildings with any requirements, says dormakaba, since passage widths are adjustable up to 1,600mm.
- New motor drive system makes barrier operation “whisper quiet” – a boon where multiple lanes operate in busy lobby areas
- “Class-leading” power consumption
- Argus 60 and 80 models feature soft ambient lighting options to complement interior design
- Argus 60 and 80 models available with either glass or plastic door leaves
- Passage widths adjustable up to 1,600mm – making them adaptable to any building or access requirements
- Door leaves up to 1,800mm height are available, all retaining 200mm ground clearance
- Segregation sensors ensure the door leaves move precisely before and after a person has passed through – not while they’re in between
- Argus 40 sensor can detect people from 300mm away thanks to a horizontal strip, with optional hip height sensor for further optimisation
- Argus 60 and 80 models feature L-shaped detection array with additional vertical sensor for faster detection of unauthorised visitors – to 100mm from the person in front.
- Sensors will remain open for authorised individuals even if they use a wheelchair or are carrying a suitcase or delivery trolley
- Each barrier can be integrated with the emergency or fire alarm control system, with door leaves automatically opening and staying open upon alarm activation to facilitate evacuation. Argus 60 and Argus 80’s ambient lighting can then be changed into escape lighting to guide occupants to the exits where visibility is otherwise compromised by thick smoke or darkness.
- Can be specified with the dormakaba Saferoute Control Unit (SCU), which provides local emergency opening through either independent or integrated with emergency exits and fire alarms. An authorised individual with the master key switch can easily reset the system in the event of a test or false alarm
“Our new Argus series combines style with effective building access control, and meets the complex requirements for the modern office environment without compromise on aesthetics or performance,” said Lee Chandler, product marketing manager for automatic entrance systems.
dormakaba is one of the world’s largest providers of access control and security solutions, with 16,000 employees working across 130 countries.
Formed from a merger of Kaba and former Dorma in September 2015, dormakaba Group comprises divisions for North and South America, Asia Pacific, Germany, Austria, Switzerland; Europe, Middle East, Africa; plus Key and Wall Solutions
dormakaba generated a turnover of CHF 2.8 billion in the financial year 2017/18
Products include door hardware, entrance systems, electronic access and data, mechanical key, lodging systems, safe locks, interior glass systems.
Chance to win an Amazon Alexa Dot: Just complete this short Barbour survey!
This survey is designed to gather insight into the fire & security profession in relation to how information is specifically used in each role.
The survey should take around 5 minutes to complete and all completed entries will be placed into a prize draw, the winner of which will claim an Amazon Alexa Dot. The survey closes on Sunday 7 July 2019.
The post dormakaba launches “whisper quiet” Argus barrier range appeared first on IFSEC Global | Security and Fire News and Resources.