Hochiki Europe has launched a moisture detection system through which building owners can quickly identify leaks and minimise the risk of water damage to properties.
LEAKalarm, which is fully addressable and programmable to suit a range of applications, purports to provide fast, reliable leak detection over a vast area.
One of the most common commercial insurance claims, water damage can disrupt IT networks and damage electronic equipment, stock and a building’s fabric if left unaddressed. The problem costs billions of pounds in insurance claims each year.
Hochiki Europe says LEAKalarm is adaptable to a wide range of applications and environments thanks to optional accessories like zone breaker cables, fixing clips and a mains isolator switch. Example include marine, healthcare, warehousing, data and communications centres, and utilities infrastructure.
Specs and features
- Fully addressable
- Water-sensitive cables and point detection-style floor probes are connected via input/output (I/O) modules to a central specialised control panel, which building maintenance personnel can monitor remotely, spotting leaks early, via a building management system
- Single loop addressable panel, expandable to two loops through an extra loop card
- Single loop panel accommodates up to 127 addressable I/O modules, each with two addressable outputs – amounting to 254 probes or 12,700m of cable on a single loop panel; and 508 probes or 25,400m of cable on a dual loop panel (offering greater coverage than most other water detection systems on the market, says Hochiki)
- Remote indicators and voice sounders visually and audibly notify building owners of potential problems
- Standby batteries assure 72 hours’ continuous operation should mains power fail
- Other accessories include zone breaker cables, fixing clips and mains isolator switch
Hochiki Europe says
“Even a seemingly minor water leak can result in major cost and disruption for a business, especially in those which are heavily reliant on electrical systems,” said David Brown, product manager at Hochiki Europe. “Data centre outages, for example, cost companies an average of £12,000 per minute of downtime.
“LEAKalarm gives building managers early, reliable moisture detection using powerful cause-and-effect technology, helping ensure that water in the wrong places can be identified as quickly as possible.”
About Hochiki Europe
Hochiki Europe is part of the Hochiki group, ,which develops a wide range of fire detection, life safety and emergency lighting products.
This year the group is celebrating its 100th anniversary.
Founded in Japan in 1918 the venerable life safety brand has expanded well beyond Asia and now has 18 subsidiaries worldwide.
Hochiki’s 1,500 employees work across five manufacturing plants and 32 sales offices, while sales turnover for the group has surpassed £400m.
Hochiki Europe is exhibiting at FIREX International 2019, Europe’s leading fire safety event, taking place 18-20 June 2019 at ExCeL London (stand FX840). Book your free ticket now.
Business owners have many responsibilities, but the consequences of neglecting your fire safety responsibilities are potentially unthinkable.
Know your fire safety responsibilities. Download this guide to get:
- A beginner’s guide to the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order
- Your guide to fire risk assessments
- Further guides covering fire doors, fire alarm systems, smoke detectors, fire escape signs, sprinklers, water-mist systems and fire safety training
The post Hochiki Europe launches LEAKalarm moisture detection system appeared first on IFSEC Global | Security and Fire News and Resources.